The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 can salmon [14.75 ounces] , 1/3 cup bread crumbs, 2 green onions chopped, 1/4 cup celery chopped, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 beaten egg,4 tablespoons butter for frying, lemon and dill for garnishing. Drain salmon and debone and skin. In a large bowl combine salmon, bread crumbs , onion celery , mayonnaise and beaten egg. mix well. In a saute pan, melt butter on low heat, cook patties on medium heat until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Sprinkle dill seed and sprinkle lemon juice on patties. Makes 4 patties.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
When we were kids my mother would fix salmon patties and that was a real treat, didn't get them very often. Thanks for recipe i'll have to pick some up and try it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
When we have left over baked or broiled fish, mostly striper or bluefish, we flake it and make fish cakes. Almost the same recipe. We use crushed Ritz crackers instead of bread crumbs and use canola oil and butter to fry. I like them as much as crab cakes.

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
My wife makes fish cakes out of all kinds of fillets....bass, crappie, and walleye. She shreds the fillets in the food processor, and pretty much follows the recipe listed. She also adds the Old Bay Crab Cake seasoning to the mix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts