The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody planning on going up to Pulaski or Oswego this season? Who is organizing the trip this year?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
We just got back from Olcott, did a charter, first time I've been Salmon fishinf, ended up with 3 kings, 1 Coho and 17 steelies! Smallest we kept was 9 lbs!

·
Registered
73 Posts
we didn't have any luck this past weekend but it was a good time anyways.spur im not positive but probally in the second or third week of sept

·
Registered
18,580 Posts

Waiting for the water temps to drop and the salmon to start running. Usually around the 2nd or 3rd week of september.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I go up 4-8 times a year for mud sharks. Then another 8-15 times for Steel. I love it up there and I count down the days every year for when we are going up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
manfromshunk said:
I go up 4-8 times a year for mud sharks. Then another 8-15 times for Steel. I love it up there and I count down the days every year for when we are going up.
That is awesome! I wish I could go up that much. I go to Erie twice in the fall typically and once in the spring.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are releasing the water this weekend. The salmon will be running this weekend for all that want to know. See you up there! PM me before Thursday if you're heading up.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
I have not heard of a trip this year...we went on Labor Day weekend last year. I'd love to go and hit the river and lake, but I have done alot of traveling this year and with one month til hunting season it might be time to play homeowner for awhile.

I love that area, I think my whole family would if they fish or not.

The HPA fishing trips had a hard time forming this year, I did not give them enough time this year that is for sure, alot going on....was hoping to see some form on their own.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I go out of Oswego several times a year, this time was 2 spring brown trout trips (mainly browns with a few lakers, occasional stray salmon). We also did 3 fall salmon trips, picking up Kings, Cohos, a few browns and lakers) Love to go out, usually its my buddy and me, and then we make fill out the charter with two other friends, relatives or kids. I always go out with TK Charters, who are a lot of fun and have always put us on fish.

·
Registered
18,580 Posts
spur said:
They are releasing the water this weekend. The salmon will be running this weekend for all that want to know.
It's still alittle early. The water temps are very warm. Fish are still being caught in the lake in 100ft of water. Not alot of fish rolling in the estuary from the reports. Some small pods of fish have entered the river the last week but no major runs. They are running the water at 385 and it will go up to 750 over the weekend. Might pull a few fish in for Labor Day. I'd definitely say there will be a run in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
years ago myself, dad,brother, boss and his 2brothers would go to burt dam and snag. its illegal now i believe, we still have the rods and hooks somewhere. it was awesome getting one in the tail and snapping 120 lb test line

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
RB,
35whelan and I were going to go (leaving tomorrow in fact), but something came up and we had to cancel. I was so looking forward to another chance at those big trout. Maybe next year. PS - loved the outer banks thread.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
John, Eddie... I too am disappointed that I won't be going up this year. Seemed every time I turned around something was popping up. Then work issues came up and I just couldn't get away. Eddie that fish will get BIGGER for next year. We will return. NO MAYBIES ABOUT IT. And I bought a new net and some other flasher's ,spoon's etc, so I too was looking forward to it. You guy's seen what the striper fishing was like this spring. Let's make it a point to get out for them next spring. John you definately finished the fishing season with a bang.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts