The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 10 year old Doberman,Moses,had been going steadily down hill for a while now.Today we made the difficult decision to have him put to sleep.He was funny,loving and had a great personality.He was a comforter and a protector.He was part of our famliy that everyone that met him absolutley loved.We took him to his vet today at about 2:30.My wife 2 daughters and I surrounded him.I got to pet his head and look straight into his eyes as he slipped away.This post is far short of what he deserves but it's about all I can come up with right now.We were blessed with over 10 years with him and he was spoiled the whole time.Goodbye my friend,you will be sorely missed.Here are a few pics.Moses 12/6/02-4/18/13.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'm glad you guys got to have such a great dog! He looks like he was a good time to be around.

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
I am sitting here bawling my eyes out!! I love dogs more than most people. My english setter is 13 1/2 yo and can see here fading a little everyday. Tough decisions for sure

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
So sorry to hear that...my mocha is 16 and the last 2 days have been bad she still get around but hardly eats...etc,,....prayers

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Great looking dog. Nothing easy about saying goodbye to a great friend.....been there and done it with a few Doby's myself. Try to find piece in the fact that you got to share his life, and spoil him rotten....I'm sure you gave him the best of care....he was a lucky dog, and you were as well....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Tough decision for sure. He looked like a real character.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It's never easy holding them in your arms as you say goodbye.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Chaos said:
Sorry for your loss. It's never easy holding them in your arms as you say goodbye.
It never is.....I've had to do it twice. Each time I felt like I lost a little bit of me that I'll never get back. But we know we can't hold onto them forever no matter how bad we want to

Very sorry for your loss.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
pamusky said:
I got to pet his head and look straight into his eyes as he slipped away.
pamusky - I have no idea on earth how could have muscled up the strength and courage to do that. You are more of a man than I.

I am truly so sorry for your and the family's loss.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. That was the one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make. Dogs are amazing creatures that love us unconditionally, whether we deserve it, or not.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pamusky - I have no idea on earth how could have muscled up the strength and courage to do that. You are more of a man than I.

Oh I wouldn't say that.I just figured I wanted to be the last thinhg he saw.I hope he saw the love in my eyes that I have for him.Thank you all for your condolences,I appreciate it very much.I can't believe how empty the house seems already and my wife is even here.I'm not looking forward to the first time I come home alone and he isn't there to greet me with his tail waggin and running around all excited.I've found myself looking for him just out of habit I guess.I'm gonna sleep with his blankey tonight.

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
Gonna put my oldest down soon ... gonna be tough shes 13.
Like she's my kid ...

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
sorry for your loss. Very tough thing to do.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
RIP Moses, the world is a sadder place.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts