The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this might seem ignorant but what is the saftey zone for a slug gun. this is the first year ill be using a slug gun in 12 yrs so im not up on all the facts. is it the same as a high powered rifle? Thanks .

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
150 yards,unless the owner gives you permission to be closer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok so with owner permission you can be closer?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Alot of the homeower that let me hunt in their safty zones say they like inside shooting out.

·
Registered
957 Posts
with permission you can sit right on their porch if they let you.... just a side note... it is not required but it is better to have written permission ..... may save some hassel if anything should arise...

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
proslider28 said:
oh ok so with owner permission you can be closer?

Where I hunt, the Safety Zone is 2 feet out the door.. 2 foot of the rifle or shotgun has to be out the door before the trigger can be squeezed!

Best way to do it if you are not very good friends with the land owner is.. Get them to put it in Writting that you can hunt in thier Safety Zones!

Ever see land owners set on thier porch and drink Coffe and have a Rifle beside them in rifled deer season? They are hunting and Enjoying a cup of coffee right on thier own front porch!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
we have a stand hung right along the yard where i hunt. my buddies grandmother isnt real happy that a buck destroyed her pine tree. one of the gangs gonna drop him right next to the bird feeder. we always shoot deer in the yard, its the best spot to be on a drive.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
jun1or said:
one of the gangs gonna drop him right next to the bird feeder. we always shoot deer in the yard, its the best spot to be on a drive.
that can get you fined as baiting shooting a deer next to a bird feeder.................bob

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
bob1961 said:
jun1or said:
one of the gangs gonna drop him right next to the bird feeder. we always shoot deer in the yard, its the best spot to be on a drive.
that can get you fined as baiting shooting a deer next to a bird feeder.................bob

not where we hunt.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Drag said:
Dogtrnr said:
That will get you fined. You can't hunt if there is a food source present.
Can't hunt over a food plot?
OMG!!! What is it with baiting??? Food plots are not considered baiting whether you agree or disagree. The only way a food plot would be considered baiting if you manipulate the food plot to make it more appealing to animals, cut/gather to one spot... This topic come up on every thread, give it a break...

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
jun1or said:
bob1961 said:
jun1or said:

not where we hunt.
Some do not read in the Comic Book about that there area where baiting is LEGAL.....and sometimes they just do not look at location under screen names!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why is it, i ask a simple question about a safety zone and it gets totally flipped around and now, its about baiting. i dont get it.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
jun1or said:
bob1961 said:
jun1or said:

not where we hunt.
Touche

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I didn't mean for this to go spiriling out of control. I made a statement that, with the landownser permission, you can drop them next to the bird feeder. I wasn't referring to baiting, just using that as a generalization on closeness to the house. meaning in the yard. yes we can bait down here, but that isn't what the question was regaurding, nor what I was implying. I was only adding more light to the 150yds law, only being a starting point, not a standard.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I understood that junior, but i guess others didnt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts