The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a early model 37 and I took it out bunny hunting today. I love gun but there seems to be a problem, see I am left handed and when I go to shoot my trigger finger pushes the safety button back on. So my question is would it be possible to flip the button over to make it a left handed safety or would I have to take to gun smith and have then machine a different safety button

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
No, you cannot flip the safety over on an ithaca 37. You need a left hand safety. I don't think a smith will machine you a safety. You can still get them, but sometimes it can be a tough find.

I bought another 37 last year. The previous owner was a lefty. However, I'm right handed. So I put a right hand safety in. I am a huge 37 fan and am very framiliar with a 37 trigger ground so I did it myself. So I have a 37 left hand safety I could sell you if you like. It's a williams big head safety. It's like an oversized safety. It's easier for your fingure to find on a quick shot. If your interested just send me a PM.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
the safety on the 37 hasn't changed..
the ithaca factory in ohio still sells them both rt and left handed.
its not hard to do ,but reqires the stock to be removed and the trigger pak.

many people do like the bighead ,but they are harder to find

1 - 3 of 3 Posts