The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using them? Do you like them? What brand are you using? What sticks are you using with them?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I ordered a H2 saddle back in the spring and it came a couple weeks ago. I haven’t had the chance to try it out as I’m still picking up other parts for the system. I’m going to be using API sticks with a moveable aider. I may try one sticking as well. My plan to get down is to rappel down if I get comfortable enough. I’m going to be ordering everything else I need here real soon as things tend to sell out the closer it gets to the season and I want plenty of time to practice.

The H2 saddle seems like a good quality piece but I don’t have anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I think it will be hard to beat the JX3 Hybrid. I got one this spring and have been playing around with it. The thing is so comfortable and you are so securely hunt, one could fall asleep in the thing and there is no way to fall out. It doubles as a pack as well. The below photo is me trying it out with one of my crossbows to make sure I had clearance for the limbs. 3 conventional sticks and an aider gets me to 18 feet.

·
Registered
20,859 Posts
I've been using them off and on since the original Trophy line treesaddle days.A lot has changed since then with saddle gear and methods.The concept is great because in theory,you should carry less,be able to hunt just about any tree and use the tree as cover.Traditional saddles have their place but they work best with a small platform.The downfall is,you basically lean and I can only get about 3 hours of comfort out of one.I recently was sent a Treehopper recon to try.It's a two piece design,like the old Anderson tree sling.Once section rides high and gives lumbar support and the other section slides under your rearend.You can actually sit and to me,it's much more comfortable than a traditional saddle.

I also have jx3 and in my experience,nothing else even comes close for hunting out of a tree.The comfort and ease of use can't be beat once you have a system down..I use a single shikar stick with an aider and a small platform to climb with just one stick..It's slick as snot and I get get up almost any tree,even if there's some limbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts