The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the game lands I hunt on has an area where the PGC dumps roadkills. Sad to see this when I drove down the road.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Sad for any animal really, but we have kind of become immune to seeing a deer splattered on the road.....

Your right...that's a tough way to go.....

·
Banned
300 Posts
There's actually 3 bears there....I was there last week and 2 bears along with several deer were there....the bear in the pic was put there right before the snow storm. There was a huge golden eagle feeding there last week also.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not believe you can remove them. But, I've been back here before and there has been nothing left but the hide.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
we have a dump site up by williamsport and theres always nice size bear and deer in it.. never any bucks with giant racks.. wonder why

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Their is a dump site on one of the sgl's I hunt. A couple of nice bucks in it this year as well as a 75lb bear cub. Lots of skulls from other deer and bear.

It is at the end of a nice grouse covert and I didn't even know it was there until I saw bones all over the ground. I made sure to call the dog in to keep him out of it.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Yeah, we hunt an SGL in Huntingdon that has a dump. We'll see a few bear in there every year along with tons of deer. Most are hit by cars.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I guess it is better than the bear cub I stumbled across in deer season on Game Lands 57 up by Noxen that someone had shot, gutted, tagged, then removed their tag, left the string in the bears ear, and left it there to rot a mile from the truck....when I found it the coyotes had eaten most of it..

I would have beaten that idiot till he was bleeding if I would have seen who did that. I'm still mad about it.....obviously...And yes, I reported it to the PGC who in turn did nothing...

·
Registered
75 Posts
My garmin alpha alerted me that my GSP was 'on point' up in Tioga this past fall. Excited, come up on the dog, and she's just checking out a bear at a dump site..

·
Registered
21,426 Posts
mallardsx2 said:
I guess it is better than the bear cub I stumbled across in deer season on Game Lands 57 up by Noxen that someone had shot, gutted, tagged, then removed their tag, left the string in the bears ear, and left it there to rot a mile from the truck....when I found it the coyotes had eaten most of it..

I would have beaten that idiot till he was bleeding if I would have seen who did that. I'm still mad about it.....obviously...And yes, I reported it to the PGC who in turn did nothing...
Seriously,what would you expect them to do with a dead cub a mile from nowhere?There's no witnesses and most likely no bullet still in a cub.It would be almost impossible to find out who did it unless someone blows the whistle.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I hunt a sgl in farrnesvile. Last time i walked past that dump there was one fresh bear and at least a half dozen others. Most were just hide and bones but man did it smell awful..

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
mallardsx2 said:

Your solution may sound good, but would likely cause you more problems than your moment of satisfaction is worth.
A better solution would be to gather enough information about the person responsible for this heinous act and turn them into the PGC. Although, both solutions would likely lead to an arrest.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
spangler2k3 said:
we have a dump site up by williamsport and theres always nice size bear and deer in it.. never any bucks with giant racks.. wonder why
because scum usally cuts them off before the game commission finds them or if a giant is hit with a car the game commison usally keeps it or someone loads it up and takes off without permisson.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts