The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Chevy s10.The tire that are on are 1 size too small (225 vs 235) and are showing a min of 5MPH difference in the 3 speed checks I saw.If I'm showing 45 on my truck they say I'm doing 40.
Even though the tires are like new I want to get the right size.What is an excellent traction that I'll get real good wear out of them?Was thinking of Goodyear Tracker.Thoughts?

·
Registered
388 Posts
On my 1997 s10 I run 31s and only have 2-3 mph differance not sure y urs is so different. But I have good year wranglers there good for the road. And some offroad stuff. I have 33,000 miles on my tires and there still good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
First do not trust the speed checks . If concerned check with GPS . Most AT tires will give good wear and traction .BFG are a little softer compound and wear faster but do a great burnout .

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
I disagree.By far the best the best mileage I've ever gotten on any tire has been with Goodyear all terrain TA's.Nothing has even been close.I put a set on my wife's wrangler last year and they look like new after 20k miles.Yes she puts a pile of miles on.I used to run Cooper st's or sst's on my truck.I put a lot of miles on it towing a heavy horse trailer all over the state.I'd be lucky to get 20k miles out of a set but towing heavy loads will eat tires fast.Last July I put a set of General Grabber at's on it and they still look great.I plow a lot and I also think the grabbers have been giving me better traction than the Cooper sst's.

Goodyear all terrain Ta's will not wear like Goodyear eagles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts