The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I purchased a Smith&Wesson 22 revolver. The serial # K284239, can anyone give an idea of its manufacture date?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If you wanted to prove it's provenience and are will to pay for it, you can go to Smith & Wesson's site and fill out a form and send it in with a check and they will give you back a certified letter that is kinda like the revolvers birth certificate.

Firearm History Request

You can usually get that cost back when you sell it as you state that it comes with papers.

I have asked the question directly by emailing them in the past, but that was years ago and I'm not sure they have kept up that level of customer support. Worth a try. They told me month, year, and how many were ever made of that model/configuration.

Otherwise, go to Smith & Wesson Forum Join and ask there. Lots of those guys have all the books and you will probably get two valid answers within days.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
yep, i do pete. the SCS&W is never far from my chair. i have learned a lot from it since i started my s&w collecting. but it has also cost me some money over the years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts