The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody shoot one or own one or heard anything about them? Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I handled one once. But did not shoot the rifle. I do not remember if it was the I-Bolt or the Icon?? The bolt was very smooth and the rifle had a good feel to it. It was a walnut stocked rifle, and the stock was a good bit above average. The rifle had a butter knife bolt. I am not sure if I liked the bolt or not. It felt pretty good, and I liked the width of the bolt. But the bolt felt pretty light. I would have had to shoot it a good bit to decide whether I liked the bolt or not. I have a butter knife bolt on a SpringField that I really like. But that bolt is a good bit heavier. My buddy bought the rifle, and it shot pretty good. But the trigger was pretty bad. He had a smith fix the trigger. But after that he is happy with it. Tom.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hoghead, that was probably an Icon. I don't think the I-Bolt was made with a walnut stock. I've only seen black and camo synthetic.

I own an I-Bolt in 25/06 and have no complaints. When they first came out, they were way over priced. I picked mine up a few years ago when Grice's had them on sale and S&W had a $50 rebate. I think it ended up costing my $250. The first load I tried in it (115NBT and H4831) consistently printed .75" groups and I never tried anything else. There was a recall on them a while back and I had to send my bolt back (S&W paid shipping) but it checked out fine. They punched a very small dot on the back of the bolt handle to indicate it was checked. If you are buying a used one, I would check for this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts