The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best CCW in.38 caliber and why?

·
Registered
288 Posts
That is a question with many answers... You have to decide for yourself. I like the LCR trigger better than the S&W.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I don't know which one is best, to each his own...
I own a S&W 642, same gune as the 442 except in stainless and am well pleased with it.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
One isn't better then the other, one will just happen to fit you better. Pick both up, shoot them, and then decide. I like the LCR.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I've shot both and own a 442; no downside to the 442.

The ruger has some plastic parts like the housing and trigger guard, if that is a concern to you. ruger did recall some for the plastic houosing, but I believe that is fixed on the new ones.

I shot one with the laser grips, not to my liking. The trigger guard is oversized on the ruger; could be a concern for small packaging in a CCW; but some will like it. Personally I never found the j-frame trigger guard too small, so why change!

Both Ruger and Smith make fine guns; you will be happy with what ever one yoou chose. Try to shoot both first; if you are not use to a DA snub-nose they are extremely difficult to shoot accurately.

I'm keeping my 442.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The 442 is a solid reliable revolver. Ruger had recalls on their 2 previous polymer pistols. I have a Ruger GP100 that is also a solid revolver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts