The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I blew the belt apart on my 2014 RZR 800 this past weekend. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and whether or not it was an easy fix? Any tips or words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I've heard owners say they were hard on belts when they first came out with the RZR , but thought Polaris cured the problem in later models . I do know that the RZR is supposed to be one of the easiest ones to access and change . Also , if you hear the belt making a whistling or chirping sound when under a heavy load , it's time to adjust it .

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have blew 2 so far, I upgraded to the heavy duty belt and have had ZERO issues for several years now.
It's not terrible to replace, actually easier than you would think.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4x4dad said:
I've heard owners say they were hard on belts when they first came out with the RZR , but thought Polaris cured the problem in later models . I do know that the RZR is supposed to be one of the easiest ones to access and change . Also , if you hear the belt making a whistling or chirping sound when under a heavy load , it's time to adjust it .
Thanks for all the responses. What do you mean by adjust it?

·
Registered
644 Posts
TEC said:
I have heard Polaris's are hard on belts
I have seen that people are destructive to rzrs. buried in mud, rolled, doughnuts, hillclimbs, and lets not forget the jumping.

yep Id say they are hard on belts with all those factors.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
MathewsMan85 said:
4x4dad said:
Thanks for all the responses. What do you mean by adjust it?
I believe the dealer can adjust/change the weights in the clutch assembly so it will grab the belt harder/tighter . Aftermarket clutches are kinda like having a Stall convertor . They grab the belt tighter once they engage . A dealer should be able to explain it better . I've never had a need to adjust yet on my Teryx .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts