The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pennsylvania regulators are taking steps to begin safety checks of some natural gas pipelines in the Marcellus Shale regions - hiring inspectors and drafting new rules that will bring the state in line with the rest of the nation.

But a dispute continues over whether the state oversight goes far enough. The new safety-inspection and construction regulations still will not apply in the most rural areas of shale country, the hotbed for new pipeline projects, with up to 25,000 miles being built or on the drawing boards.

In Washington, U.S. officials are pushing to close that rural loophole, but the gas and pipeline industries are fighting hard to keep it in place, arguing that the hazards are remote and the cost would far outweigh any benefits.
Rural loophole curbing Pennsylvania pipeline inspections

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sheesh...lots of lines crossed out in that one.
This stuff really doesn't matter to me one way or the other...it's not in my back yard. I just ran across the article and posted it for folks with interest.

One thing though...if I read the article right the hitch is the federal standard and briefly going over the bill you posted it appears it refers to the federal standard.

·
Registered
24,757 Posts
See what it looks like when they get thru playing tic tac toe

I think Mat was trying to shore up some of the loop holes and ofcourse expand the bureaucracy

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look at the bright side....we now got "One Call".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts