The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Encores...I don't even like the hammer spurs...Which means I like to mount my scope higher then lower on the Encore system...No matter that it's medium or High...They still zero outstanding...the hammer works great this way too.

I often wonder when you buy scope mounts, low, medium, High, Extra-High is their a rule of thumb one should go by for height on MM? See 32 MM, 40 MM, 44, 50 MM etc..When should one just say OK .....44 MM I need medium for sure? or 50 MM High and Extrahigh for sure?
Not bad if you get the mounts in a store..You can always take them back...However if you order them on the web could be frustrating to order Medium height and you needed High for the 44 MM let say?????

Is there a set rule of thumb that people use for all the MM's and the what the height of the rings should be?

Not only talking Encore here..Also bolt actions and such too?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Although I don't like their scopes I do use Leupold dual dovetail bases and rings on all my bbls. They have a chart on their site listing what ring you need for what objective diameter scope your using. I keep them low to the bbl, Never had an issue with a hammer extension on my Encore and do not need one on my Pro Hunter w/swing hammer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts