The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went out to SGL 169 in Newburg, and on my second stand, a diesel truck came by and spotlighted me. Now its not the first time that's happened but mostly it happens during deer season and the people are spotlighting and see the red light and hit me because well people are stupid. These guys weren't running a spotlight until they saw me using my red light and purposely lit me up. I was about 250 yards from the road, and they had stopped right by my truck. Then they pulled down the road a bit more and turned on their caller full blast, playing some coyote howling chorus and then started honking their horn all still while spotlighting me. Needless to say I was furious, I started back to my truck to go after them but of course they ran like a bunch of little girls. When I finally got to my truck another vehicle came by and asked me if I had any luck and if I had seen a dodge diesel truck. He said they did the same thing to him about a mile away. I drove all over that SGL trying to find them but like I said, cowards never stay to face the music.

What gets me is they were obviously other predator hunters. Except for the first couple days of rifle for deer, normally everyone you meet generally isn't a giant bag of male anatomy's......

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
A quick shot at that coyote they called in for you when it ran through their head lights would probably have been thanks enough for them not to try that little trick again.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
That suxs...problay were mad ,cause they were going to hunt there..they figured they mess you up..I've seen it..some guys are just arses..

·
Registered
927 Posts
Man thats bs, I cant belive you even ran into two other hunters let alone the same night, where I live I have NEVER even seen another person hunting at night. Iv had to deal with people 4wheeling there trucks and stuff but never that. Its too bad the wco didnt see them because you deffinitly cannot spotlight anything if you have a gun for anyreason.

·
Registered
257 Posts
How many of you guys have ever done everything properly to get to an optimal setup only to have some Idiot on a Snowmobile destroy that set up? And then if they do see you they ride over and ask " are you Hunting". No Idiot, i am just sitting here in my Snow Camo with my Rifle. No Reason!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
When you hunt in a public populated areas you have these problems..Go find a farmer with posted property who does not allow spotlighting or find some remote clearcuts to hunt on..

·
Registered
252 Posts
why why why would anyone want to do that and on top of it an other huntter. no respect at all. what if u were to find a more wooded area and hills??

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have heard snowmobiles and chainsaws on sgl and it did ruin it because the coyotes started howling but im not sure they wernt on there property it was like 130 am still makes me mad. But you cant get too mad at anybody just crusin a dirtbike or somthin as long as its not a sgl because im sure they didnt know you were there. but intentionally doing that to somone should result in an a## kicking.

·
Registered
927 Posts
When im hunting im thinking whos this idiot riding a dirtbike! but when im on my dirtbike im like why are theses idiots hunting? dont they know I was coming to ride my dirtbike today! lol

G

·
0 Posts
Consider contacting the local wco. That is hunter harrassment and is a serious punishment.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I can relate to your feelings of wanting to chase them down, but in today's atmosphere I would caution against it, especially if you are alone. It is simply not worth a confrontation over hunting and someone being a jerk. (A most likely armed jerk). Believe me, there are many people that need their teeth kicked in but at night when they are armed and most likely with someone else it is a poor decision to get in a confrontation. I recommend you investigate and pick a better time and/or way to address the matter.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hunt this SGL about once a month in my rounds. I also hunt Michaux state forest and hunt farms in Shippensburg, Newburg, and Newville. I have no shortage of private places to hunt but I like to divide it up as much as possible to avoid hitting the same place every month.

Whenever I go out I always carry my 1911 on my dropleg holster, I considered popping off some rounds into the woods but didn't. What I really wanted when I was looking for them was their license plate number. My best friend is a Deputy Game Warden and I could have given him their info. I talked to him and he said he would check to see if there were any other complaints or if someone had been busted doing this before, but like I figured, A dodge diesel truck isn't really that much to go on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts