The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local gun shop yesterday with a buddy to help him choose a 9mm for everyday carry. He left with an LC9.

I was surprised to see the SR22 Pistol on the shelf so soon. I was comparing it to the Walther P22 and the Sig Mosquito. My shop had all three guns priced at $309.00 I was looking to purchase a .22 revolver or semi-auto to take to the range for plinking. The gun had to be small enough for my wife and daughters hands, but not to small for me to enjoy shooting. The Ruger had the smallest grip and felt lighter than the other two. I was happy to see a wider grip sleeve in the box that i could use to better fit my hand. No tools needed to change grips. Pull one off, and slide the other on. I like that idea.

Took it to the range later that afternoon. Used cheap Federal bulk ammo. Had a couple ftf's out of about 200 rounds. Sights are decent, ambi safety/decocker and mag release. Came with two mags and two mag finger extensions that slide on. Has a little view port ontop to see if one is in the pipe.

Had fun shooting it. Can plink with .22's for half a day at the range without breaking the bank. I think the wife and kids will enjoy it while learning the features of a semi-auto. So far no buyers remorse.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Looked at one yesterday but it was priced too high at $329 and the guy would not budge. Only a matter of time before I add one of these to the collection. Hoping to find one at my price at the gun show in a couple weeks at the Mills. Thanks for the review!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts