The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by our local gun shop on my way home on Tuesday and he had sitting on his "used" shelf this Ruger SR9. I asked what was up with it as it said "unfired" on the ticket.. He said a local won it and didn't want it. So I bought it. Any thoughts or comments on this 9?? Never shot one and don't know anyone who owns one. I you tubed it and the reviews were all good.... Just wondering what the local experts in HPA have to say. What do these go for new? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have one and I like it. It's slimmer than I expected it to be. It shoots great. Trigger pull was a little rough when new, but seems to have smoothed out with some use. They're $360 at Grice's until Oct 10.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I recently bought a SR9C (the compact version). I like it a lot. It does have a slightly shorter barrel and grip than yours but it looks the same. They made some changes to the trigger and the black version is an alloy and not a black stainless as used in the origonal SR9. I have the regular stainless model due to the amount of perspiring I do. Nice gun, enjoy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The SR9 is a quality firearm, IMO. As others have mentioned, the trigger pull is a little bit rough, although I have heard that it gets smoother with use. Very slim receiver. For whatever reason, the first time I handled an SR9 I noticed the slide serrations. VERY easy to grip compared to some other similar autos. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe it also has an ambidextrous thumb safe?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts