The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have one? Like?

I purchased one and I'm eager to get it. I spent more time then I probally should have agonizing over what shotgun to get from action to maker. I was set on 20 gauge either Ugartechea, SKB, Browning, Beretta, and literally everyone.

The more I looked at the 28 gauge the more I realized a 28 ga it was going to be. The choices narrowed a lot. Had to be on a 28 ga frame, must have 28" barrels, and I didn't want fixed chokes. I hunt so all the fancy extras were just that. The Ruger seemed to fit the bill top to bottom.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Another great thing about Ruger is the life time garuntee. if anything breaks or goes wrong, it will be fixed for free. Even if you bought it used.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input!

I labored over what I wanted for a few months. The more I looked at the Ruger 28 gauge the more I liked what it offered. Seemed to be the biggest bang for buck, imo. I really hate the 28 gauge ammo prices but I don't see that being an issue except maybe for dove hunting.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I got one for the wife a few years back for SC shooting. Sweet little gun with the gold woodcock engraved on it. I also take it out on occasion but don't tell her.

Do yourself a favor and get a MEC single stage. It will help ease the cost of shells.

Enjoy!
Pappy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts