The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody shoot one of these? Im thinking of getting one in .223. Any info . Thanks Rod

·
6,450 Posts
i bought one for my son last year in 260. the gun fits him great and is a great shooter. im gonna use it as my driving gun when he isnt hunting great little gun for carrying.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got one in 6.8 rem,havent got a chance to shoot it yet,with a compact 2x7 its a tiny lil'gun.nice for carrying up and down the mountian.the length of pull is only 12.5 in,I'm 6'3 and its not a problem.a friend of mine has a compact 308 and he brags it a tack driver.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i have two of the ruger 77 frontiers which are similiar but have a forward rib for mounting a scout scope. one is 7mm/08 and the other is 338 fed. great little guns and tackdrivers even with the 2.5x scout scope. no complaints. the compact should be a good one.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Everything I have heard about these has been good. I don't have one yet. It is on the wish list though.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My fiance bought one in .260 a few years ago, and my brother bought one in .243 for my 10 year old nephew. They both have done good work with them.

Both needed a rifle smaller than traditional youth models, and the Rugers are samller. I (5'10" tall) find them somewhat uncomfortable to use, although I never have shot one with hunting clothes on-I'm sure that would make them fit beetr.

Will

·
Registered
958 Posts
I handled one this past last month. SS with laminate stock in .243 I found it a nice little gun... I will be buying one when the kids are a few years older

1 - 8 of 8 Posts