The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with one of these? Pros/Cons? I am looking for a pocket carry gun and I haven't read any bad reviews on this piece. I'm looking at the 38 sp version, not the 357 mag.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I have one. When I researched 38 snubbies, I couldn't find one negative word on the LCR. No complaints with mine, it's a pleasure to carry.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Get the 357 and just shoot 38's out of it. At least you will have the option later in life if you feel like you need to give yourself a sore hand.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
I just ordered the LCR as well. Shot my brother in laws and like it, but decided I wanted the upgraded XS dot sight on mine for easier target acquisition. $399 before taxes and pics. Can't wait for it to show up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've been looking at the LCR when I came across a heck of a buy on a S&W Bodyguard with laser sights.I nearly bought it, but I came across a lot of bad reviews of the S&W, which surprised me. I'm now torn, but back to leaning to the LCR. I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with the Smith.

·
Banned
652 Posts
I have the LCR with the night sight and put the CT laser on it also I like it alot. The insight laser on the S&W looked very cheap to me plus the bad reveiws didn't help JMO

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
I didn't like the location on the bodyguards laser either.

Finley how much did you pay for the CT grips for the LCR? And how do you like the XS dot sight on the LCR?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruger LCR Rattles

Wanted to bring this thread back up to the top...

I did end up purchasing an LCR last night, Cabelas had a nice sale on it. I got it home and out of the box and noticed there is a definate rattle coming from underneath the shroud where the hammer is. Almost like there is a BB loose in there or something. I called Cabelas this morning and they put me on hold. The guy comes back and says he randomly picked up 5 guns from their stock and they ALL had that rattle!! Anyone who has one of these, does yours rattle?? I'll be calling Ruger later today to try and get more info. I'll post whatever they tell me.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Re: Ruger LCR Rattles

Guess I should throw my update in as well.

Took my LCR to the range two times since I've had it, I'm crazy accurate with it and its XS dot sight. I couldn't shoot my brother in laws with the factory sight worth a darn. This is now my new favorite carry pistol, just don't tell my Glocks.

Recoil with 38 special isn't bad at all with the new grip on the LCR. The 38 +p packs a punch and its my carry ammo, but when it matters the recoil won't matter much.

I give this setup an A+ got a Supertuck that I carry it in IWB and its like it's not even there.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Re: Ruger LCR Rattles

SouthPaw0180 said:
Wanted to bring this thread back up to the top...

I did end up purchasing an LCR last night, Cabelas had a nice sale on it. I got it home and out of the box and noticed there is a definate rattle coming from underneath the shroud where the hammer is. Almost like there is a BB loose in there or something. I called Cabelas this morning and they put me on hold. The guy comes back and says he randomly picked up 5 guns from their stock and they ALL had that rattle!! Anyone who has one of these, does yours rattle?? I'll be calling Ruger later today to try and get more info. I'll post whatever they tell me.
It's the transfer bar that rattles. Every single LCR does it, not an issue. Enjoy your firearm.

I got mine from Hakes in Wrightsville, Pa for $399 with the XS night sight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts