The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you guys have this gun looking at it for a c.c gun pros and cons. thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
i havent shot it but it feels good in my big hands. seems like a quality handgun. i was thinking about purchasing 1 but they are hard to find by me and the ones around me are over priced

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have one, and like it. I have not submitted my application yet for my LTC but have it carried it open when hiking. It does fit in a larger pocket, and I believe would carry nicely in a good IWB holster. The trigger is a bit long but overall for the price I like it. If it feels comfortable in your hands that is all that matters. It shots well for a small pistol. I can manage 2-3" groups at 8-10 yards with 124grain Federal Hydroshocks and it shots the cheap Remingtons just as well.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
My lil bro has one and it fits in the hand nice. I believe they went with a long trigger pull for safety but i believe it has a safety as well which doesnt make sense. His shoots well. Id buy one if id didnt already own a .380

·
Registered
957 Posts
I really enjoy mine! The long trigger pull is somewhat of a negative, but it shoots great! It's also not too cumbersome to carry! BTW - I do not have laser sights on mine!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My brother has the 380, nice little conceal gun and very light, but everybody tells me to get the 9. I talked to a couple LE officers last week and they both recommended the 9 over the 380.

·
Registered
239 Posts
rem760 said:
My brother has the 380, nice little conceal gun and very light, but everybody tells me to get the 9. I talked to a couple LE officers last week and they both recommended the 9 over the 380.
I'm interested to hear why they recommended the 9mm over the 380? The 9mm's advantage is certainly cheap ammo especially for practice but the ballistics seem "close enough" that I don't see that as an deciding factor. The 380 is surely a small weapon that you could always have with you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kind of a love hate gun for me so far. I love the thin size for IWB carry, but trigger breaks pretty far back for my hand. I push my shooting with small pistols as far as out as I can for fun, and the Lc9 frustrates me beyond 15 yards. Reliability has been outstanding. I have tried with CT laser but prefer without for carry. I would recommend Lc9 to person looking for concealed carry firearm.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have one on order. I shot a friend of mine's gun and I liked it. The biggest con for this gun was a long trigger pull. I didn"t see it as a problem as it pulls fairly smooth IMO.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'd look into a Springfield XDs .45acp. Just as small as the LC9, but with a crisp trigger pull, and some serious stopping power shooting a 230 grain death nugget. They have plans to release this model in 9mm sometime this summer.
I had an LCP that I just sold to purchase the .45. The trigger pull was awful on the LCP.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The LC9 is hard to beat when you look at the price & the features. The trigger is too long considering it is a gun that has a safety, and I don't care for some of the features - LCI, mag disconnect. Overall, I like it. Just don't buy it thinking that it is a range gun. It is great for its intended purpose.

I would also consider the LCP. Again, it isn't a range gun! It is much easier to conceal, and if you use +P ammo, it is about the same as a 9mm. Before someone posts - I know the LCP isn't rated for +P, but according to Buffalo Bore, it will handle it. I wouldn't shoot it regularly, only if needed.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Gun shop in Clarion County today had none and said a few LC9's may eventually trickle in that they had ordered before the rush, he said there is a 2 year wait on orders placed now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I shot one last week,along with the lcp bodyguard and the Kahr cm9. I would rate the lc9 above the lcp( i thought that gu was junk. I thought the bodyguard was better than both of the rugers, but the Kahr was the winner in my eyes. I liked it so much I bought one. Thats just my take, some people love them. Good luck with your purchase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts