The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I read some other bad stuff abou ruger having rifle issues lately with their triggers and chamber issues and my friend went to Grice today and bought a brand new ruger hawkeye stainless and it won't eject the shell. If you pull the bolt the whole way back nothing but if you push it back closed half way and then pull it back again it ejects it so you have to cycle the bolt 1 and half times to eject 1 caseing thats a nice piece of equipment. *****

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He paid $640 for the gun and I'm not a ruger fan but he is a diehard ruger rifle owner and is now ***** that they can't even have a person on the assembly line or in the quality control area with a dumby round making sure it chambers and ejects a round without problems. I told him I read some other people having issues with the chamber area of the rugers.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Sounds like operator error to me............Unless the extractor claw is completely sheared off there is basically no way that it wont eject the shell, trying cycling the bolt quicker......I have never had any problem with any Ruger rifle, and I own a lot of them.......I'm sure if something is broken on the gun, Grices will take care of it, and if not I am 100% sure that Ruger will.....

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Haney said:
He paid $640 for the gun and I'm not a ruger fan but he is a diehard ruger rifle owner and is now [censored] that they can't even have a person on the assembly line or in the quality control area with a dumby round making sure it chambers and ejects a round without problems. I told him I read some other people having issues with the chamber area of the rugers.
Even if it has an extraction/ejection issue, it really shouldn't have anything to do with the chamber........the round is well clear of the chamber by the time the ejection process begins, and the rim should already be locked into the extractor at the time that it enters the chamber.....

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Also, check and make sure a piece is not broken off of the blade ejector at the back of the action.............he may have not worked the bolt the whole way, or hard enough to make the ejector pop the case out of the extractor.....

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Make sure the ejector in there, not broken, fitting correctly in the bolt slot for it, and there is no grease/gunk/dirt/etc. stopping it from working correctly. Never had such an issue with any of my Rugers. Love the CRF actions.

·
Registered
602 Posts
had the same problem with a marlin xl7 25-06 recently... brand new would not eject the spent case the extractor would not lock onto the rim, took it back to johnsons sporting goods where i bought it and they took care of the rest...had it back working properly in a few weeks

·
Registered
927 Posts
Why not try another brand of ammo? different ammo has different slightly different measurments somtimes it may not be thick enof for the ejector to grab, its worth trying unless he already has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts