The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter rifle on a dealer's shelf without success (in Northeast Pa.) I'm particularly interested in whether the trigger is adjustable. Even the reviews I've been able to find on line seem to skip this important feature of the rifle. If someone owns this rifle would you please tell me if the trigger is adjustable?
Thanks,
Barney

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have a regular hawkeye in 7mm-08. I don't believe the LC6 triggers are adjustable. It's not a bad trigger. A little creep but breaks nicely. Probably in the 4 pound range. Good for a hunting rifle. You might be able trim the spring. There are aftermarket triggers. I really like the looks of the FTW.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a regular hawkeye in 7mm-08. I don't believe the LC6 triggers are adjustable. It's not a bad trigger. A little creep but breaks nicely. Probably in the 4 pound range. Good for a hunting rifle. You might be able trim the spring. There are aftermarket triggers. I really like the looks of the FTW.
Thank you. I have an older model 77, and a MII compact and I like the way they shoot. How do you like your hawkeye?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I like it a lot. It's very accurate (you don't hear that a lot with Rugers). I think they improved the quality of their barrels. I'd buy another Hawkeye. I had a #1 a long time ago. I love #1's but it shot a shotgun pattern.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it a lot. It's very accurate (you don't hear that a lot with Rugers). I think they improved the quality of their barrels. I'd buy another Hawkeye. I had a #1 a long time ago. I love #1's but it shot a shotgun pattern.
Thanks CMitchell!
Barney

·
Registered
538 Posts
I should've added that you should keep an eye on Gunbroker. I've seen a lot of shops trying to clear out the Hawkeyes. I've seen them as low as $530 NIB. That's how I bought mine. The FTW's probably not too much yet. They're newer but I'd still look on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
555 Posts
LC6 triggers are not adjustable. They can be worked over though. I turned one into a very nice trigger. Don't do it unless you are comfortable and confident in your ability to do such work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts