The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Looks like a combination of a browning x-bolt, TC venture, and a Savage.

·
Registered
638 Posts
lol ya and i don't care for any one of those. rugers answer to the 770.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont know if I would put it with the 770 but it looks like it maybe in the running with savage or marlin XL7

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
looks like they're going after the budget crowd. not a bad idea. looks like a good beater gun.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Kind of embarrasing for Ruger. They should keep to the high road and leave these guns to the rest.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ruger is going after the goal of selling a million guns in one year. They will probably make it with all the new models they have come out with this year.

The FBI announced there were 1.8 million checks for people buying guns in December. Fifty percent of those within 6 days of Christmas. A lot of Christmas presents.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smokey in PHX said:
Ruger is going after the goal of selling a million guns in one year. They will probably make it with all the new models they have come out with this year
The FBI announced there were 1.8 million checks for people buying guns in December. Fifty percent of those within 6 days of Christmas. A lot of Christmas presents.

Now that is some encouraging news I hope they fair well in the marketplace

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like My Ruger handguns. I will check these out for sure. I don't blame them for sticking to the old faithful calibers to start with. I'm sure they will add more later.

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
They put one of those stupid lawyer triggers in it.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I'm a Ruger guy, so I guess I am a little disappointed that they are making a budget rifle.......but I guess when Remington, Savage, and Marlin undercut the entire market you aren't left with to much of a choice to remain competitive..........I will probably check one out for a beater gun though.....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Certainly not like the Remy 770, as it has an all steel receiver. I like the idea, not sure why anyone would knock it. Love the tang safety too. And that comment about the "stupid lawyer trigger", don't get that either. It's fully adjustable and crisp according to the review.

I hope it's a great success which will allow them to offer both other calibers and a youth stocked version soon!

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
HighCountry66 said:
They put one of those stupid lawyer triggers in it.
I won`t even look twice at those Accu type triggers. No trigger within a trigger for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts