The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger GP100 sights

Anybody have aftermarket sights for there Ruger? I know in the past Ruger had bright orange on the front sight of the stainless guns. I got a new stainless model, and the front sight is a black ramp. IMO it is near worthless.

I looked on the Ruger website, and they have the replacement orange sight for something like 15-20 bucks. Yea, the one that should have been on it from the start.

I also looked on Midwayusa, and they have a pile of sights. Almost all of them come as a matched front and rear sight for big $$$$. Even the plastic Hi-Viz sights are close to $50. Course they got the tritium(sp) for something like $120.

Course I could always just paint it, but I really don't like that idea. It's a brand new stainless steel gun.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Ruger GP100 sights

Hmm, I got my GP100 over the summer...it was used but in really good shape along with the case and owners manual. It had the black ramp sight on there, luckily the orange fiber optic one was in the case. Can't help you with a source for a new front site but when you find one it is really easy to replace.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts

I just bought a GP100 two weeks ago. Does anyone know where I can get a good shoulder holster for one?

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

MOSS said:
I just bought a GP100 two weeks ago. Does anyone know where I can get a good shoulder holster for one?
I'm in the market for one too. Right now I'm making do with my old one that was meant for a scoped gun with a 8.3" barrel.

My buddy had a Mikes side holster for his Taurus 44. I think I'm going to look into geting one of those. My biggest problem is finding one that is left handed. I might have to order online as all the locals only carry right handed holsters.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts

I was thinking of getting This One what do you think?

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I don't have any experience with that brand. Looks the same as the uncle mikes my buddy has. I know it would seem difficult at best to concele such a large gun, but you can't even tell he is carrying his 44 when he is wearing his hunting coat.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

hunt/fish365 said:
MOSS said:
I'm in the market for one too. Right now I'm making do with my old one that was meant for a scoped gun with a 8.3" barrel.

My buddy had a Mikes side holster for his Taurus 44. I think I'm going to look into geting one of those. My biggest problem is finding one that is left handed. I might have to order online as all the locals only carry right handed holsters.
If you ever get to the Altoona area East Coast Gun Sales carrys a large selection of them. They also have sights for them in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts