The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ruger Blackhawk 41 mag 6 1/2" and want to have a scope put on. Can anyone refer me to a gunsmith in or around the Pittsburgh area.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I do not have a scope on my 41mag blackhawk. But i do have them on my ruger single six and also my 41mag in a ruger redhawk. I have not had a problem with this style mount on them. Did not care for the ones that only mounted to the rear sight. You still had some flex in the front of the mount. This style has what i would call a barrel clamp on the front of the mount. Works well even with the recoil of handloads

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never thought about that style of mount. Thanks guys, I am going to order one. I was going to try to sell or trade it just because I don't use it much. I have had it close to 4 years and maybe put 30 rounds through it. I am a photographer which has done a number on my eyes over the years so it is hard for me to focus with open sights, that is the reason I am looking to have a scope mounted on it. Again, thank you for the info.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Economy Gunsmiithing
Excellent workmanship
2030 Big Sewickley Creek Rd
Sewickley, PA 15143
724) 266-0232
North of Pgh on I 79
Get off at wexford exit Rte 910
Turn west and follow 910 about 8 miles .
White building on the left.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Still using that no drill mount on my SBH 44 mag from Hunt/fish, this is my third SBH and my third with that scope mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts