The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I had a Super Blackhawk 101/2" barrel 44 rem. mag. and it shot great, also bought a single six at same time Like them both still have the six now scoped and love it. Both are and were blued, great guns...later

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
One of the all time greats. If you're going to do much pack'n with it in the field you may want to consider a 4 5/8" bbl. Team it up with some Kieth style Lead Semi Wadcutters and a good Threeperson's holster from El Paso Saddlery and you're good to go.

Muab Dib

·
Registered
681 Posts
Have several in stainless and blue. A great gun, useful, accurate, but they are heavy for carrying. Need good holster to be real comfortable on a long day in the field. Muab Dib gave good advice on a holster.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have an old 3 screw model I bought in 1972. It still shoots better than me and it shoots both 158 gr HP's and 125 gr HP's equally well. Have killed one doe with the 125's. Recently got one in 41 mag but have not had chance to shoot it yet. For my money one of the best pistols you can buy.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
I've owned most of the Blackhawks, and much prefer the 41 over the others. Same sized frame as the 357 with more oomph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts