The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinkin of buying a ruger lcp for cc gunshop near my camp has then for $299 i have like 6 boxex of 380 ammo all hydro shks and thought would be a nice in pocket cc gun . i heard only good things anyone have one?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have one and I like it. I have a Crimson Trace on it and it is my everyday carry. Carried a Beretta Tomcat for ten years. The LCP is much thinner and hides in my pocket better.

In Bucks county I have seen the LCP go for $285-313.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I love the LCR. My buddy swears by the LCP.

Hydra-Shoks dont always feed well, especially when you're getting into small/compact gun geometry. But if you want the gun, buy it, and then feed it whatever works

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've fired many LCP's and Keltec P3AT's and I can't recall a time when I have come across one that doesn't function correctly (aside from the occasional jam). I find them both to be highly reliable. (Though i still prefer to avoid the 380 ACP in favor of a 38 +P or 357 mag).
A buddy of mine always reminds me..."friends don't let friends carry 380's".

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Rohrbaugh makes the smallest 9mm out there, the Rohrbaugh R9.

It is only 0.1" higher and 0.04" longer than a LCP. It's a little wider and about 5 ounces heavier.

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/products

Price wise, about 4 times as expensive.

I have never shot one or seen one.

WV Gino

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
From what I understand recoil springs are only good for 100 rounds which might explain why they included a spare one with the gun.

WV Gino

1 - 17 of 17 Posts