The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Allegheny Northwoods chapter of RGS is holding a sporting clays shoot at the Sandy Creek Conservancy in Franklin PA on Feb 20 2010.
This is a 100 target shoot with lots of prizes and awards given after lunch.
Cost is $50 if pre reg prior to 2/15/2010

Reg starts at 8:30 and last shooter goes out at noon.

This is a nice shoot and is run by a top notch club that is worth the time and effort. They also have a challenging 5-stand setup.

Please consider attending this event.

·
Banned
1,072 Posts
A buddy and myself were shooting sporting clays at LCSA yesterday, and talking about this shoot (we both received our flyers a few days ago).

We'll both be there!

So, if anyone is considering being there but afraid of "losing", don't worry... there will be at least two guys there that you can beat!

Sandy Creek's course is a nice woods course, and fun to shoot!

·
Registered
126 Posts
The shoot is open to the public. Here is a link to register

http://www.ruffedgrousesociety.org/UserFiles/File/10FranklinPAFunShoot.pdf

The grand Prize is a Shotgun to be awarded on a drawing. Shooters will receive one ticket for every 10 birds broken. So everyone has a chance to win the gun. Lewis Class and another shooting game also will be available. Plus donuts & Coffee and a good hearty warm lunch.

The shoot will be held regardless of the weather.

·
Banned
1,072 Posts
We were practicing today at LCSA.

Nobody is in danger of losing to us this weekend, but we're definitely coming!

Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would like to attend but have a time constraint, and am not familiar with the format of sp. clays event. Can anyone tell me a little more about how these typically run?

I see that reg. is at 830 am with 1st shooter out at 900am and last shooter out at noon.

I am not registered now and would have to register tomorrow.

Does that mean I would most likely go out at noon (or the latest time slot) and have to stand and wait for 3.5 hrs after registration to go out?

Do they typically start with "tee times" or "shotgun start"

Also, approx how long does it take to get around the course for an event like this?

Thanks.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will certainly not have to wait around til 1200 to go out. I would speculate you could be out shooting within 30 minutes of your arrival easily. Usually you go out in a group, the club can put you with some other shooters when you get there. Most shoots at Franklin, for a round of 100 sporting clays takes 1.5-2.5h depending on the number of shooters and any bottlenecks.
They will have some good food when you get back in to warm up to and they will have a good number of door prizes available.

I hope you are able to attend, feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts