The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some scouting this pre-season, having walked through some cut corn fields, I have a few holes where the edged stalks pokes in and through my boots. What can I do to repair them?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Shoe Goo shoe repair in a red tube at wally world
used it on mine last season and still holding strong

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I bought a tube of stuff at Cabelas last month...this stuff is awesome.

The problem is...my wife MOVED it from where I had it and now I cant find it. OR...I'd be able to tell you what to get.

I just know it was in a little white tube and cost like $7. I fixed my rubber boot and it worked great.

If I find it I'll let you know the name of it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I used the shoe goo also.... Before I used it though, I took some sandpaper and roughed the area up around it a little bit. It seemed to help hold a lot better.

·
Registered
11,407 Posts
Aquaseal

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i use both the LaCrosse repair kit and Shoe Goo. The LaCrosse kit is smaller that a pack of cigarettes and about as heavy. Contains a patch that you pull off the backing and can slap on. Works best on a flat surface, but gives a immediate seal. Eas to carry in the field. Once you dry it back at home or camp, cover the edges with the LaCrosse urethane cement from the kit or some shoe goo. I like the LaCrosse boots that buckle on the side (compensates for my high instep that keeps my foot from going easily into or out of boots), but this style of boots have a weak point in that the area around the front of your ankle abrades and gets cut up and leaks. I will take the boots and put a layer of shoe goo or urethane their and just replace it periodically.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
The shoo goo works if the tear is not where the boot flexes.. I have a pair of RedHead Bone Dry.. both boots cracked where they flex at the back of the toes.. I have shoo gooed the heck out of those boots.. several times.. they keep cracking in the same place..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts