The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Roy Holliday- former Phils pitcher

743 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  dc 21 
#1 ·
was killed in a plane crash today in Tampa Bay, Fla, single engine, he was alone....

#5 ·
Who are those two sportscasters in the Boston area, Felger and Massarrotti, who basically said Halladay had it coming because he was flying low over the ocean?

I'd never heard of them until now, but they sound like a couple of major idiots.

#6 ·
I have not heard that, however the last 2 days Mr. Angelo Cataldi on WIP has been almost constantly doing more then suggesting that Halladay was engaging in risky behavior and this is why he was killed. Cataldi has even gone so far as to identify other athletes that have been killed in plane crashes as a way of justifying his belief that flying is unsafe. He has stooped so low as to include Roberto Clemente in that list even though Clamente was on a humanitarian mission when the plane went down.

Remedy; sent an email and called the station to complain and turned on Anthony Gargano on The Fanatic. Cataldi had been out for a while due to some medical issue and the WIP morning show was great without his dirty-old-man act, constant reference to body functions and now this bashing of one of our favorite sports figures.

#9 ·
I heard about Roy when I was at camp. He was a great pitcher and seemed like a pretty good guy who went to work every day. As far as the radio guys bad mouthing him, they are idiots. It's nothing but a ratings attempt and if it was one of their family members they'd be whistling a different tune.

RIP Roy.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.