The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a bow hunting show tonight and the guy was shooting arrows with fletching that looked like a round wheel back there by the nock. What the heck is that and what are they called and how the heck do they work. Thanks

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Its called a FOB and its designed to pop off the end of the arrow as it passes through. They were designed to incorporate more advanced aerodynamics and the videos look convincing, but they never quite caught on among hunters and archers.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
go over to archerytalk they have lost of info over there and there are a good many of people that shoot them. Buddy got a few to try and they flew really good

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
A guy named Paul Morris developed them. FOB stands for "fletching only better" If you go to archerytalk do a search for Paul Morris he is on there frequently, and has a bunch of posts about his FOBS. I played around with a few of them but never got into using them.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Yes you have to use a drop away rest. Their claim to fame is that they really steer fixed blade broadheads well. I broke close to two dozen last year I kept forgetting you can't shoot groups with them, well I like to shoot groups so I'm sticking with blazers this year. BTW they are quite wide at the back and depending on where your nock point is they may interfere at full draw. I actually liked them. They certainly aren't a scam or anything they DO work well

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
they work good I have been using them a few years now . Never fletch an arrow again .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts