The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from camp but it had nothing to do with hunting,& was a bad trip all around. yester day morning phone rang about 7:30. Picked it up & was informed that one of our camp members had died up at camp about an hour ago. It was my cousin on the phone who is married to a friend of mine an another camp member asking me if I would drive Alex up to camp to handle all the arrangements.Since he just got off a 12 hr. shift she rightfuly did not want him to drive up himself. I was able to contact my boss & explained what happened. He told me don't worry about work & go. Rob was up at camp not hunting just relaxing witha couple guys he invited up from work. When Rob collapsed, his friends were all certified in CPR so 2 of them worked on him while the other called 911 the respose from what they told us was good but Rob was too far gone. He died enroute to the hospital in Wellsboro. So that was probably the worse trip to camp that I ever experienced.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Im so sorry to hear that Mike, you and the rest of Robs loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
541 Posts
A catch 22 - Sad that he died but I'll bet he died happy to be at camp for his last visit on earth.

Some people want to die in their sleep. Some want to die doing what they love. Then their are those that end up in nursing homes wishing they could die. I'll take the fast way over suffering any time.

My condolences to the family.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts