The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice that you can get a shotgun barrel, 22 lr and a 243 barrel for about $199.00. One of those Rossi single shot combo guns....

Nope I don't own one I just notice you can get one dirt cheap....

I'm sticking with the Encores........

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My brother had one for his kid and it shot good. The only downfall it was pretty heavy for such a small gun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They might be rough but Boy are they accurate, When my son were 5 i bought him the 22lr/410 combo, you have to really try hard to miss withis thing.

Jack

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
May not be the prettiest looking gun but they sure do shoot good.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also dads and mom need to remember too...Most times in Pa....One sits in a woodlot or heavy woods and shoots deer at 30 to 40 yards....The cheap Rossi 243 Cal would serve that purpose for sure here in Penns Woods. Especially for a first time hunter.....

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I wouldn't call it a "deal of a life time", but for the price they shoot better than they should. Ugly as sin, but the ones I've seen on the range can stack them in there pretty tight.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I just picked up a rossi .223 single shot and yes, it stacks them in there. Ive got a group about the size of a 50 cent piece at 100 yards. Its the only single shot ive ever owned and i actually dont mind the way it looks and i dont feel that mine is too heavy either. For the money, im confident you cant beat it.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know what calibers they are available in. Um wonder if like the NEF they come in 44 Mag, 45/70, or the 50 S & W. Again in the thick stuff.. You would not even need a scope....
I would not mind owning a NEF in the calibers mentioned above.. Or even a 35 Whelen in the Berger barrel instead of a true Encore T/C barrel.. However it would have to be used for shooting close.. Like for bear or deer in a swamp......

again a 243 shot at 30-40 yards in a swamp will kill a deer where you point it... So knowing where you would use the Rossi or NEF would justify for me if I would own one...

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
uncle buck said:
Don't know what calibers they are available in. Um wonder if like the NEF they come in 44 Mag, 45/70, or the 50 S & W. Again in the thick stuff.. You would not even need a scope....
I would not mind owning a NEF in the calibers mentioned above.. Or even a 35 Whelen in the Berger barrel instead of a true Encore T/C barrel.. However it would have to be used for shooting close.. Like for bear or deer in a swamp......

again a 243 shot at 30-40 yards in a swamp will kill a deer where you point it... So knowing where you would use the Rossi or NEF would justify for me if I would own one...
Unfortunately, Rossi has very little in the way of calibers in their rifles and no barrel program. I wouldn`t mind an H&R 45/70 with the open sights myself or even the .44 Mag. I already own an H&R Buffalo Classic 45/70 and love it. I wish the newer H&R`s didn`t have recoil pads on their guns though. I prefer them without. As you know the BC has the metal concave buttplate, you know when you shoot it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts