The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't ever try to get one more shot out of a frayed rope cocker!

It's actually pretty obvious I guess, I just thought mine would last a little longer. The rope broke just before the bow was cocked so the two hooks hit my big toe at (I think) more than 300 fps. I had to remind myself that no, this is a crossbow, I didn't just put an arrow in my toe even though it feels like it. I found the one hook but the other bounced up against the house and landed in the flowers about 10 ft. away. It's a little early to tell but it looks like a blood blister under the whole toe nail and everything else is really puffy.
I repeat, don't use a frayed rope cocker!!

Question: is the Parker red hot rope cocker the best choice for an '08 Parker Cyclone?
FH

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
that's why i'm trying to find out if i can sell replacement rope for anyones rope cocker on the forum....just waiting to get a reply to my PM bout doing so since it is not just a one time selling deal, but sell a bunch of them to who wants them....i'll have a thread started as soon as i know if i can....sorry i couldn't have them for sale before ya busted up your toe..........bob

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Actually I was speaking about the hooks on the cocker. I've seen a few of them wear to the point that I wasn't comfortable with it. The Excal hooks are larger and seem to take more wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts