The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Well, if it's "Root Canal Day" think of the parade and fireworks & sodas etc...

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
I had my 3rd done a few weeks ago, but this one was different than the first two. It was badly infected and he couldn't finish the job. Had to be on antibiotics for 3 weeks before he could finish. The pain was horrific. Would rather of had a kidney stone.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
I would try to concentrate on drill noises, jack hammer noises, and try to get a mental picture of a huge tractor pulling a tree out of the ground! Maybe this about how much pain yer gonna be in once the dope wers off? Heck I don't know.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Think of dry sockets....and the urge to smoke a cigarette even after then oral surgeon told you not to do it....then think to yourself.."Awe, it can't be that bad to have one little cig" And then think of someone driving an ice pick into the top of your jaw all the way up into the cerebrial vortox.....and then eating a handful of vicodin in hopes that the pain will somehow disapear..

That's pretty much what I think of when I hear the word root canal....or maybe that was wisdon teeth?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I just had a tumor the size of a nickle cut out of my bicep, and I am a big sissy when it comes to doctors and dentists. It won't be as bad as you think.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
I've had two of them done and need a third. So far they've been pain free....except the stupid needle guy jabbing me in the mouth with a needle....than again I usually take a valium or something like it to calm myself before going cause I hate going to the dentist.

·
Registered
20,204 Posts
The root canal does not hurt 1/10 as much as that co-pay for the crown that follows

Good Luck you big baby

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
You could always think of this

<span style="font-weight: bold">DC21 starts Yodeling...Chaos begins to streak...and Ron peeing in the yard... </span>

1 - 20 of 37 Posts