The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My usual group had dwindled and I have room for two "permanent" hunters here for all hunting including deer. This used to be just my camp, but I now reside here full time. What I would require is that perspective hunters agree to help me at least twice a year doing minor work on the grounds like re positioning tree stands, grooming trails, cutting shooting lanes, etc. I have a bunkhouse that sleeps 8, but usually my more recent "group" has been only three. I keep three spots open for my friends, and two for my Brother and nephew. That makes 6 plus me, and I can position 8 on the property. This is in 4A, not too far from Breezewood. No smokers or big time boozers. Feel free to call me to discuss further details and even to set up a time to come see the place and how I hunt it. As for deer season, you can stay from two to 6 days the first week and even come for the entire 2nd week if you want. No additional guests unless I approve them. Dick (814) 7843972 evenings

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guys, while I'm open to hear from anyone, I would prefer someone without existing private ground. I want to give people who have nothing but overcrowded game lands, something with a bit more peace and quiet. I "operate" with a hunting camp like atmosphere which is a carry over from when this place was just my camp. My guys are the kind who put comraderie first, getting out second, and taking game third.

·
Premium Member
23,866 Posts
Me & Dick have shared numerous hunting & fishing trips together over the past several years. We do a annual flounder trip out of my Chincoteague VA Fishing camp plus one day Upper Chesapeake fishing trips & hunt together out of his place spanning several Flintlock Seasons..

If i wouldn't already have a home base Sullivan County Huntin camp...I'd jump at Dick's generous offer!! He has outstanding deer hunting opportunities couple with a nice bunkhouse facility!!!!

You won't find a finer sportsman than Gentleben to explore/share the great outdoors with!! He's the real thing if you know whut that means!!

Dick...wont be too long till we hit the water!!

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
GB is a class act...I still want that dog!!!

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Just the way the law is. You can take sheds but not parts unless you have a permit or took it legally and submitted a harvest report, similar to cutting the head off a roadkill. Needs to be a paper trail for the legal possession.

It's the same in most states, i.e. if you find a lion killed elk or deer you can't take the rack.

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
right or wrong, I didn't post this thread for people to start arguing. If anyone has anything to say to TPlank, do it in a PM or email, not on my thread.

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
right now I have enough replies that I feel I'll fill the spots. Hey, 35Whelen, what happened to your reply that was on here earlier?

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Ben... I meant to send that as a PM... So I deleted it.. Then I got busy at work and never re-wrote it as a PM.. Again GREAT GESTURE on your part... If your ever out in Jersey in May or June PM me and we'll get out striper fishing... Rich

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I had some interest, but it all fizzled out. A couple were into trophy hunting, which there isn't much of here, one doesn't have the time and one was all gung-ho then dropped off the face of the earth. I'm going to lay this out one more time then I'll go elsewhere to find interested hunters.:

Over the years my regular gang has diminished to virtually just me and one or two others. (speaking mainly about deer hunting, but the offer is for all hunting). I have room on my private ground for 7 people, or even 8 if there is a parent /child duo to sit in one stand. I take up a spot, my good friend one spot, and i keep two open for my Brother and nephew, who don't always make it. I like to have a "regular" group. SO, I have at least three openings for people who are looking for a permanent place to hunt. Permanent "members" are welcome here to hunt in all seasons. I have a bunkhouse that can sleep up to 8. Who am I looking for? People who enjoy the comraderie of the hunt and are NOT trophy fanatics. We don't get a lot of big bucks around here, so you must be basically a meat hunter and wish to take does as well as a buck. The way I work is #1 comraderie, #2 getting into the woods and nature, #3 seeing game, #4 getting a shot opportunity, #5 harvesting something. Being part of my group is easy. Just be willing to help out with at least one work detail per season, and be willing to follow any and all of my group rules. If any spots end up being open just prior to any seaason, (again, deer mainly) I may permit you to bring a guest. All I ask is honesty, no drunks, and trustworthiness ( and maybe you bringing some good grub now and then).
I see so many people on here complaining about not owning their own ground and having to hunt overcrowded public lands. Here's a great chance to become part of a small group with some private ground and better safety. I can't think of much more I can offer.
As per references, the guys who hunt the late flint season hunt here can attest to my offerings. You could pm any of these guys an ask them about my operation. Loggy, Greybearjr, Soupe, Dale Shoulder, Acorn20, and Tplank to name a few.
Interested parties can PM me and we can then converse on the phone for full details and even arrange a trip in here to see my place. Thanks to all the guys who have hunted here and will continue to do so in the future.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts