The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like him or don't like him , he is a good quarterback.
I have a feeling in big games he may choke.
In your opinion will Romo ever wear a Super Bowl ring?
Although I hate the Cowboys , he seems like a decent guy

·
4,229 Posts
No Romo no Bryant no RB the Cowboys are going to be in a bad way for 8-10 more weeks.

To answer your question, no I don't think he will. Their best team under Romo was last year and they couldn't do it. Problem is so far they have only lost talent.

I know this will make me sound like a homer but why was Romo an MVP finalist but Ben or Bell or Brown for that matter was not.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
Romo is a master of accumulating big stats when the game is already out of hand. He'll throw for 350 and three touchdowns, but the Cowboys still lose by 14. Around here we even call that (big stats accumulation when the game is essentially lost) Romo yards...Example: In the Steelers Patroits game, Ben had good stats, but most of it was <span style="font-style: italic">Romo yards. </span>

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Romo's bad comes from him being guilty by association with the cowgirls.
I think he has talent, much like Dan Marino but he will never get the ring.
He is prone to injury and slow to recover. Jimmy Jones is probably as we speak trying to buy a doctor to clear him to play in next weeks game.
As a person I like Romo, he seems to avoid all the off field and locker room garbage Dallas is noted for.
His being out should help keep the Eagles in the playoff picture since going forward with Weeden is not going to cut it, but Jones could try and buy RGIII.......couldn't happen to a couple nicer guys

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
The Gov of Texas wants them to sign Tebow. As if the Boys weren't already a laughing stock.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
The Gov of Texas wants them to sign Tebow. As if the Boys weren't already a laughing stock.
You mean, the same Tebow that lit our Steelwers in the playoff game a few years ago ? Same one ?

·
Registered
39,671 Posts
Right now I think I'd give Tebow a shot over Bradford. Can't be worse.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I think Tebow is a decent QB whoever he plays for, that would be funny if the Cowboys got him and he beat the Eagles and got in the playoffs...I would even call in WIP and tell Kelly about it..

·
Registered
39,671 Posts
If that happens Kelly will get a one way ticket back to Oregon. Jeff Laurie might be getting that ticket ready anyway. He didn't look happy on Sunday.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Fleroo said:
You mean, the same Tebow that lit our Steelwers in the playoff game a few years ago ? Same one ?
Kordell had a good game once too. That didn't make him a overall good NFL QB.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
RonM said:
I think Tebow is a decent QB whoever he plays for, that would be funny if the Cowboys got him and he beat the Eagles and got in the playoffs...I would even call in WIP and tell Kelly about it..
There is no QB statistic you can cite to back this statement up. And no "he just wins" doesn't fly. He's 9-7 in his career as an NFL starting QB. He wasn't good enough to beat out a guy with a peg leg and two failed USC guys. Playing in an offense very similar to what he had in Florida. The problem is that he's no longer playing Arkansas St. He can't outrun or overpower NFL linebackers, and his throwing is awful, save one game.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Fleroo said:
Kordell had a good game once too. That didn't make him a overall good NFL QB.
Kordell wasn't completely horrible, and had a dimension that most didn't at that time. You know, that "slash" thingy. If I'm thinking correctly, he had enough of SOMETHING to take a couple average offensive teams to AFC Champeen games ? Their D actually is what took them, but he did just enough to not screw it up.

As for Tebow, when your starter hits the turf, you look for a viable alternative to get you through the 8 weeks or so until the starter gets back. Hopefully, as the rental QB, you keep the ship upright until that time, and looking at that division, that's not a monumental task. A 9-7 QB may give you that. I'm not sure who the current Cowgirl backup is, but apparently she's a "project"... kinda like Landry (I'll never play in the NFL) Jones ? Which is why Tomlin got a guy like Vick.

By the way, RE: Landry Jones. It's time Tomlin and the gang admit to a failed #3 (or was it #4) draft pick, and as Merrill Hodge says, "Cut Bait".

·
Registered
39,671 Posts
QB news from Dallas..

Staff Writer

Published: 21 September 2015 09:32 PM
Updated: 22 September 2015 11:11 AM
In search of a quarterback to back up Brandon Weeden, the Cowboys will work out veterans Christian Ponder, Matt Flynn, Josh Johnson and McLeod Bethel-Thompson on Tuesday, according to the team's official website.
Tim Tebow is not on the list, as of yet.

·
Registered
39,671 Posts
I don't know who he is either. I guess he's better than Tebow though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts