1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
367 Posts
Relax, there is no voter fraud, we're told that all the time on here.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Larry Sabato, a political scientist at the University of Virginia who has studied African American precincts, said he had occasionally seen 100 percent of the vote go for the Democratic candidate. Chicago and Atlanta each had precincts that registered no votes for Republican Sen. John McCain in 2008.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201211...zero_votes.html

·
6,669 Posts
I have never met with Sabato, although we have talked on several occasions over different matters. Def. worth listening to him when he speaks. I'm not shocked at 100%/0% in some precincts, but 59!?!?!?!

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
If you were going to cheat, it wouldn't make sense to take the number down to zero.

Also, has anyone stepped up in those precincts and said, I voted Republican?The article doesn't mention that.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Also heard that some precincts had higher votes than actually signed the book to vote. Can only mean one thing. It's amazing what can happen when you throw the GOP poll watchers out of the room for hours.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
John Henry said:
Also heard that some precincts had higher votes than actually signed the book to vote.
No, it can mean at least 2 things.

1) Someone fudged the vote.

2) Some poll workers forgot to tell a few voters to sign the book when things got busy. I'd bet you would find some of that everywhere across the country. The number of voters who sign is probably very high, well over 99%, but surely not 100%.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
troutbert said:
If you were going to cheat, it wouldn't make sense to take the number down to zero.

Also, has anyone stepped up in those precincts and said, I voted Republican?The article doesn't mention that.

Yes it does. They know they can get away with it so why not 100%?

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
troutbert said:
2) Some poll workers forgot to tell a few voters to sign the book when things got busy. I'd bet you would find some of that everywhere across the country. The number of voters who sign is probably very high, well over 99%, but surely not 100%.
Not possible where I voted. You didn't get a card for the computer until your name was signed in the book.

But in liberal areas like Philly, I'm sure the books were cooked and plenty of cards just stuck in the computer,a nd the Dem Straight Ticket was cast.

No need to try to explain things Trout, we all get it. Congrats, your team won!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
M said:
Yes it does. They know they can get away with it so why not 100%?
Bingo!

... and we haven't seen anything yet! Fasten your seatbelts folks, this ride is gonna make your head spin!

·
Registered
367 Posts
There is also a report obama received 108% of the vote in one area. Like Moose said, they know they can get away with it and nothing will be investigated.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Sour grapes! That will be the economy after the first of the year when this already horrible economy gets twice as bad due to bozocare and the tax increases!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sour grapes ? If Romney had won with 100% of the vote in some areas and 108% in another, the left would have gone nuts and it would still be front page news. I guess you're ok with winning by any means possible, personally I'm not.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
In some of those divisions, it's not only Romney supporters who are missing. Republicans in general are nearly extinct.

Take North Philadelphia's 28th Ward, third division, bounded by York, 24th, and 28th Streets and Susquehanna Avenue.

About 94 percent of the 633 people who live in that division are black. Seven white residents were counted in the 2010 census.

In the entire 28th Ward, Romney received only 34 votes to Obama's 5,920.

Although voter registration lists, which often contain outdated information, show 12 Republicans live in the ward's third division, The Inquirer was unable to find any of them by calling or visiting their homes.

Four of the registered Republicans no longer lived there; four others didn't answer their doors. City Board of Elections registration data say a registered Republican used to live at 25th and York Streets, but none of the neighbors across the street Friday knew him. Cathy Santos, 56, founder of the National Alliance of Women Veterans, had one theory: "We ran him out of town!" she said and laughed.

James Norris, 19, who lives down the street, is listed as a Republican in city data. But he said he's a Democrat and voted for Obama because he thinks the president will help the middle class.

A few blocks away, Eric Sapp, a 42-year-old chef, looked skeptical when told that city data had him listed as a registered Republican. "I got to check on that," said Sapp, who voted for Obama.

Eighteen Republicans reportedly live in the nearby 15th Division, according to city registration records. The 15th has the distinction of pitching two straight Republican shutouts - zero votes for McCain in 2008, zero for Romney on Tuesday. Oh, and 13 other city divisions did the same thing in 2008 and 2012.

Three of the 15th's registered Republicans were listed as living in the same apartment, but the tenant there said he had never heard of them. The addresses of several others could not be found.

On West Albert Street, Duke Dunston says he knows he's a registered Republican, but he's never voted for one.

The leader of the 28th Ward is Democrat Anthony Clark, who grew up under the tutelage of the late power broker and Democratic ward leader Carol Ann Campbell. Clark is also a city commissioner, one of three elected officials who oversee Philadelphia elections.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politi...zero_votes.html

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Paflyfisher said:
Sour grapes ? If Romney had won with 100% of the vote in some areas and 108% in another, the left would have gone nuts and it would still be front page news. I guess you're ok with winning by any means possible, personally I'm not.
EXACTLY! Liberal media would have had it plastered everywhere!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts