The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
...sweep bad and good history under the rug...it will go away.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
If the Stones are doing that for "The Cause", why not go all in and determine monetary gain from the song, or any album it's on, back to the first time they performed it, and pay the reparations being screeched bout with it? Nothing lost by just not singing the song. They have a treasure trove of songs. No problem filling a 2-3 hour set or concert.

Show that You, The Rolling Stones, really care by donating all You made off of it over the years!

Think that will happen?

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
If the Stones are doing that for "The Cause", why not go all in and determine monetary gain from the song, or any album it's on, back to the first time they performed it, and pay the reparations being screeched bout with it?
I don't think that's the case at all, did you read what Richards had to say about it?

Keith Richards:

“You picked up on that, huh?” Richards replied in the article posted Thursday. “I don’t know. I’m trying to figure out with the sisters quite where the beef is. Didn’t they understand this was a song about the horrors of slavery? But they’re trying to bury it. At the moment I don’t want to get into conflicts with all of this ****. But I’m hoping that we’ll be able to resurrect the babe in her glory somewhere along the track.”

It was just a matter of not wanting to deal with the hassle of flack that they were getting over the song. Jagger did say he wouldn't wright the song today (he said that back in 1995), but I don't find that surprising.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Lot of controversial lyrics from a catalogue of 500 songs by the Stones. Me thinks the woketards are getting lazy only picking Brown Sugar. I'm surprised Mick caved.

Oh well once more before they take it down

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I just read the lyrics to Brown Sugar. I never read them in the past and to decipher them from the song is at best....difficult.

To me, the song is about historical life. That doesn't mean it was about a good part of life. Songs are, for the most part, poetry and about the truth of life. The good and the bad and the very sad.

And that's what this song is about.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Don’t get into a conflict over it, tell them to stick it instead of giving in to it. That’s the problem, it’s a win for the”woke” again.

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
..It's all hypocrisy...most rap songs talk about capn someone over dope or some chick or some feud between fast talkers..most use the Nword and private body parts and how hard they had it on the "streets"...but they don't stop singing about it at their concerts or "shows"....
I listen to it...I listen to a lot of genres ....except "techno"

Reactions: Steeltrap

·
Registered
22,691 Posts
Keep in mind that Mick and Keith are pushing 80 and Ronnie Wood is something like 74. They probably dont want to deal with the hassle anymore. They are way past the point where they have to be controversial or counter culture to be rich and famous. If those guys get through a show with nobody in the band getting hurt and a crowd of people entertained for a couple hours, they probably call it a win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts