The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Into Happy Valley like a Sunami!!!

Proves once again that the Old Man can't hang with the big dogs and should stay on the porch with the puppies!

All 3 main coaches in the press box, thus giving up all 3 timeouts within the first 5 mins and 37 secs of the game because of communication issues. They have lost their minds!!!

And until the Penn State faithful realize that JoePa needs to go, the gloom and doom will continue.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
The south will rise again.

Stop by sometme.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
doubt the unions up north would be willing to help out much

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
hi_tech_redneck said:
Into Happy Valley like a Sunami!!!

Proves once again that the Old Man can't hang with the big dogs and should stay on the porch with the puppies!

All 3 main coaches in the press box, thus giving up all 3 timeouts within the first 5 mins and 37 secs of the game because of communication issues. They have lost their minds!!!

And until the Penn State faithful realize that JoePa needs to go, the gloom and doom will continue.
Do you not like Penn State or Joe Paterno?

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you not like Penn State or Joe Paterno?
I love Penn State. Was as big a Penn State fan as there was growing up. My problem is JoePa and how he has singlehandedly put that program into the dump because all he cares about his chasing records.

I feel for the kids who play their hearts out for a coach who is LONG passed his prime and makes stupid (putting it nicely) decisions. Until he leaves, I hope they lose every single game!

BTW, I like PITT too!

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
I agree.........an very old(and respected) man slowly walking(with a cane) out on the gym floor to get every one pumped up and one can hardly understand what the heck he's even saying........ come on Penn State.......let(make) the man pass the torch.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
limbhnger10 said:
I agree.........an very old(and respected) man slowly walking(with a cane) out on the gym floor to get every one pumped up and one can hardly understand what the heck he's even saying........ come on Penn State.......let(make) the man pass the torch.
I can agree with that.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Mr. Paterno has earned the right to determine for himself when it is time to retire. He has single handedly done more for Penn State and college football in general than anyone in history. Records are the LAST thing he cares about. He loves being around the young men and the sport. Simple as that.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
I also believe it's time for Joe to go, but I still love Penn State football and as a fan have no choice and will continue to cheer and support them. Through it all... that's what fans do.

Hoping they lose every game?? Sorry, I do not understand this thinking.

·
Premium Member
24,291 Posts
Getinearly said:
Mr. Paterno has earned the right to determine for himself when it is time to retire. He has single handedly done more for Penn State and college football in general than anyone in history. Records are the LAST thing he cares about. He loves being around the young men and the sport. Simple as that.

AGREE 100% & then some!!!

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
So does Jerry Sandusky, but love for the game doesn't win championships. His love for the program and the university should tell him it's time to hand over the reins.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
I don't believe his "being there" is hurting the team. I believe others are making the on-the-field decisions.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I'm for a whole new regime, from Curley on down. I'm just tired of the complacency. Joe's not good enough, Galen's not good enough, Jay's not good enough. When your head coach doesn't recruit anyone if he has to go across town, it affects your success, especially when he doesn't even have any kind of on-line presence to reach out to kids from his living room if he can't make trips.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Getinearly said:
Yea but Florida State knew when it was time to move on from Bobby Bowden and he did just as much for them as Joe Pa did for Penn Sate.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I attended Penn State, my wife graduated from Penn State, my daughter graduated from Penn State, and now is employed by them, and I spent over 25 years working for Penn State. Yea you might say I bleed blue and white.
Is it time for Joe Pa to leave, yes and no. It is time for a new younger head coach to take control of the program. Joe should continue as a mentor for that person, teaching and giving advice from his vast experience, for the new coach to consider.
No one is going to make Joe give up his locker room key. The athletic department is financially separate from the university, so if Joe wants to go along on a away game, I'm sure they would buy him a ticket. But the reins need turned over, to some one else, with Joe's help.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
To all you above.

Those are all good arguments/reasons to say "it's time". I won't disagree with any of them.

I just want to see him do it on his terms. Mr. Paterno is just about the last icon in America I have any respect for. JoePa is as unselfish as they come. Not saying I am right. It's just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Yes it should be on his terms but I think that he needs some help in realizing that. Kinda like Florida State "helped" Bobby Bowden step down on his terms.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
And that responsibility should go to Sue, and only Sue.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts