The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across an old Bamboo fly fishing rod when helping a friend clean out an old house. They were going to toss it in the dumpster. I saved it. I am hoping someone can give me some insight on it.

It was in an old cloth sleeve. The only markings on it are #15 Chippewa. It has 2 end sections with it. I am thinking of having it restored as some of the windings are loose and a few of the eyes are rusted but I don't want to do anything to it if it is a collectors item.

Can someone more knowledgeable than me give me some insight on just what I have my hands on?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice find......could be worth next to nothing or could be a rare find. Call Jonas at The Feathered Hook in Coburn, PA. He knows a lot about bamboo rods and will at least be able to give you a decent amount of informaion on the rod. If he is not familair with the rod, ask him to put you in touch with Jim Downes.......Jim is a welath of knowledge on old bamboo rods and will be able to tell you when it was made and what it is worth if anything. Jim Downes builds bamboo rods in the rod shop behind The Feathered Hook.....if you want to have the rod restored he would be a great option. Hope this helps.........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts