The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Rocky Boots

14K views 44 replies 41 participants last post by  SlipKnot 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever order anything from Rocky's online site? How's the service? Looking for a pair of new hunting boots.

#7 ·
I've owned two pairs of Rocky boots and won't buy another. Both leaked within the first year after low/moderate use. The second pair started coming apart within that first year....sole started separating. I'd look at something else. Rocky USED to be quality boots, but it sure doesn't seem like it the last five years or so.

#9 ·
I'll never buy Rockies again. I'll never buy Irish Setters again. I'll never buy a pair of boots again without going to the store to try them on.
An ill fitting pair of boots can take your focus off everything else because your feet HAVE to be comfortable.
Danner Pronghorns are excellent boots for the money, as are any of the Meindle's. A $150 pair of Cabelas brand may be the most bang for your buck and they come in every size under the sun.

#12 ·
number17 said:
I'll never buy Rockies again. I'll never buy Irish Setters again. I'll never buy a pair of boots again without going to the store to try them on.
An ill fitting pair of boots can take your focus off everything else because your feet HAVE to be comfortable.
Danner Pronghorns are excellent boots for the money, as are any of the Meindle's. A $150 pair of Cabelas brand may be the most bang for your buck and they come in every size under the sun.

I have owned Rocky's and wont go back. These from Cabelas are excellent after 2 years Whitetail Extreme

#14 ·
Just took back a set of Danner Pronghorns. Leaked like a sieve. I picked up a pair of red wings all leather w/ goretex and no insulation for $130 at an Amish leather store near me. They make the same boot in leather only (no goretex), and 400gram thinsulate w/ goretex. I really like this boot. I have never had a boot that was partial denier that didn't end up leaking. Sticking with all leather from now on. Sure they are bit heavier, but if you walk anywhere off the beaten path, they hold up a lot longer.

#15 ·
Rocky boots are now junk i used to swear by them no i swear at them. About 10 years ago they were the only boot that kept me warm and dry now there qc has gone down hill fast. Last 2 pair i bought only lasted a year i will never buy another pair. I switched to lacross alpha burlys and im very happy with them.

#19 ·
Had a pair of rocky boots and when it was wet out they would squeek loudly even when walking on leaves and you didn't dare walk across a cut cornfield. I bought a pair of Lacrosse boots and I LOVE them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.