The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some huge mark downs on Rocky boots lately, but have read a lot of bad reviews that Rocky boots quality has really gone down hill ever since they started being made in China a few years back. I had a few older pairs that held up well, but can't speak to their newer stuff. Any personal experiences? Are there any good boots out there still made in the USA???

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
I still have my cornstalkers I bought in 1996, resoled three times and they are great..
My bearclaws that are made in china are total junk. They just fall apart constantly. I'll never buy them again. Its ashame to because they were great boots before.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Drew,
My days of being a Rocky fan are over! I'm wearing Irish Setters now and I can without a doubt tell you they are the best boots I have ever worn. I have a pair of the Havocs and love them.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
my 14 y/o rockys are awesome. best boots ever. my 3 y/o rocky snake boots (waterproof) on the other hand are total junk. my feet get wet in wet grass. i would only buy rockys if they were cheap, cheap and if i did not have to rely on them being warm or waterproof. irish setters will be the next pair i buy if i ever wear out my old rockies.

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> I'd go bare foot before, I'd buy a buy of Rocky's....

Poorly built,& over priced for the junk, they are..Really poor customer service as well....

Irish Setters or Danner's are a MUCH better buy, IMO...</span>

·
Registered
702 Posts
I"ve wore Rocky boots since the first corn stalker 400 came out. I bought my LAST pair (Bear Claw 1000gm) to seasons ago. My feet get wet in the grass as well. Now I like Irish Setter elk trackers and like them so far!

·
Registered
12,891 Posts
Rocky`s are garbage now. They should still be made in Ohio. I love USA made line of Chippewas. Kind of hard to find, but they are really built solid.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just in line behind a guy in Dick's who had a pair of Rocky's in his hand that he was about to buy. I almost said something, but didn't. I guess he'll find out for himself.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Stopped wearing Rocky boots years ago, been buying Danner pronghorn, but I think my next pair will be Irish Setter.

·
Super Moderator
1,740 Posts
I use to be a die hard Rocky user but since they are made overseas they have gone down hill, They just cannot make them like they did when they were made here. I now wear Danners and like them so far.

·
Premium Member
5,435 Posts
Had 2 pair of Rocky's that leaked.
Rocky will not take anything back over a year old.
Have 2 pair of Wolverine king carribou's and love them.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I have three pair of Rocky Timberwolfs from 5years old to less than a year. The soles on the 5 year old pair are beginning to loose traction, but still are waterproof. The newer ones have no issues, They have gore-tex liners and 800gms of thinsulate. No problem with leaks, spray them with silicone before the season.

Had a pair of Wolverine Caribou's that leaked like a seive the first day I wore them.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
This thing keeps going on for decades. For now I have leather boots for summer, fall and early southern winter.

When it drops near freezing and I'm out in the winter elements for more than an hour, its a pair of big ole rubber bottom boots. For that, I do my pre-season walks and hikes to keep the legs in shape to haul them.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i think the prison system wouldn't even issue the inmates rocky boots. they would be in trouble for cruel and unusual punishment

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I have own to pair of rocky boots. cornstalkers and rubber boots. the soul on the corn stalkers and just disintegrated the rubber boots split I will never own another pair. now I have a pair of Irish Setter boots and a pair of muck boots couldn't be more happy with those brands. my buddy had a pair of the bear claws and they didn't last either the rubber on those disintegrated also. in my opinion they are junk spend a little extra for Danner or Irish setter

1 - 20 of 31 Posts