The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have used the steelheads and steelhead XL's for the last two years. Buck last year was broadside at 15 yards and put a perfect Y through the heart, went 60 yards.Buck this year was sharply quartering away, went in between back left two ribs and exited in front right armpit, buck went 80 yards. I love them. accuracy is great and they don't open up in my quiver

·
Registered
254 Posts
I use the Hammerhead. its the only broad head i have found where you could literally hit the deer anywhere it seems and they die... granted thats not the goal to hit the deer anyway, but deflections & fever happen... i have seen deer hit in some bad places by friends/family that have died rather quickly with these broadheads.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Killed a pile of deer with Steelheads. One of the best penetrating heads on the market!

·
Registered
288 Posts
rh,
I say they don't open in the quiver but my quiver also holds the arrow with two grippers so I do not have to push my broadhead up into the foam head

·
Registered
449 Posts
I also use the Sidewinders. Since using them I've never had a deer run out of sight when hit. I have had a few blades break off inside the deer though. Need to be careful when field dressing when it happens. But over all...great broadhead.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
SnoodStretcher said:
Killed a pile of deer with Steelheads. One of the best penetrating heads on the market!
I KILLED THREE WITH STEELHEADS.They do penetrate like crazy but I broke blades all three times and the blades were extremely dull.I also killed a couple with sidewinders and they were even worse as far as durability went.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I really liked the steelheads until they were bought by Trophy Ridge. I think the blade quality was compromised, had multiple broken blades. I've used Muzzy and Slick Tricks with good results.

·
Registered
17,078 Posts
i dont know who makes the blades now but before trophy ridge bought them the blades were made by ACE...American Cutting Edge.

they make most of the blades on the market now, high quality and strong. i never had a problem with the blades on my rockets, when that started i switched to New Archery Products, spitfire broadhead...no more problems, i killed 3 deer with the same head, blades are that good.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
killed many deer with rocket buckblasters don't even know if they make them anymore.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
also killed that bear in my pic with those . they were on shot wonders was never able to reuse them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts