The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else notice how many robins are still here this late. I don't ever remember seeing this many this deep into archery season. Some mornings it sounds like spring in the woods !

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I noticed some robins are still here yesterday. Most years they are gone by now.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I was still seeing some a couple of weeks ago. I suspect the frost this morning and the ushering out of the unusually warm October they will be gone soon.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Robins are year around. The red wing black bird is the one that will head south. Old timers use to say when you see the red wing black in the spring then winter is over.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I always see robins. I have a lot of holly trees and when the first snow hits they strip every berry off in less than a day and a half. There are hundreds of them.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
A lot of the robins you are seeing now are the ones that have migrated south from Canada and New England. Some will stay around and others will move farther south.

·
Registered
688 Posts
See them all year in Washington county. When it gets bitter for a few days they hit the seeps

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm sure there are a lot migrating due the recent cold front.
I remember flintlock hunting after Xmas a couple seasons ago and it was single digests and a flock of Robin's a d other small birds were hammering grapes in a thicket. I was a little worried that the sound of stuff dropping wasnt just twigs and grapes lol!
I'd imagine as long as there food they stick around in the woods. People just don't see them in their yards like in spring

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
They were the first birds I heard this morning and it was 20 something and frosty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts