The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up on my way home from work. He measures 50 1/2 inches from tip of tail to tip of nose.
I already obtained a permit so I can possess the otter. What a great animal for my collection.
[img:center]

[img:center]

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Nice otter Rex. I can remember when no permits were issued for them.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John, glad I could get a permit, probably the only way I'd ever be able to obtain such a wonderful animal....

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure yet, don't know if I want to do a swimming type or if I want to have him rooting around rocks. Suggestions ???

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lmao..... Could get him mounted wrapped around a tire....

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
I think a pose of him with a rainbow trout in his jaws would be cool. He should be curving upward, like to the immagenary surface, with his four paws poised rearward like he is in a power move!

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Shame to see him go that way. His loss is your gain. Whatever kind of pose you have done, he otter look nice.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My taxidermist sounds kinda excited to be mounting it, he was making suggestions as well, I have to run over and see him this week and choose how I want my bobcat posed. He suggested something where we put the bobcat on a ledge and eventually add the otter down below with a fish in its mouth, kinda has me thinking about something like that as well

·
Registered
927 Posts
It should buff out! And you should make that a brown trout I think it would look even cooler.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Might have to get a native brookie, I know a spot to find some that are pretty decent size.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Love the brookie idea, but I think I would want an otter mount done so it would hang on the wall in a downward swimming motion, about a 30 degree angle maybe. Hmmmm I might have to start watching for otters!! another cool pose would be laying on its back with a fresh water clam in its paws slightly cracked open.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How about swimming downward chasing the brookie ??? Hmmm glad I have time to think about this for awhile....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts