The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOMEONE PLEASE EDUCATE THOSE WHO ARE UNINFORMED ABOUT ROAD HUNTING AND WHAT ROAD HUNTING ACTUALLY ENTAILS.

THAT IS ALL.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
With fewer hunters afield each year more roads need hunted, if left unchecked roads will destroy habitat and all species, both game and non game alike will suffer.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
I like to use a atlas to find likely areas where a rd might hide.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Almost had me one yesterday, but in the ice and snow it gave me the slip. They sure can disappear in a snow storm.

·
Banned
491 Posts
Pennsylvania's road management system is killing the number of trophy roads and losing interest among long time road hunters.... ever since they introduced the HOV lanes for the special interest groups, well..... good luck to all who head out today

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
And don't fall into the trap that driving a "smart car" will beat time spent preseason scouting, all roads won't produce the same results, nothing will ruin your road faster than over hunting.
Be courteous and treat other road hunters as you would like to be treated, if your road seems crowded try one way back off the beaten path, not all roads are equal.
Always remember no one likes a road hog!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have we ever discovered at what age a road is mature? I really do not want to practice poor management by harvesting an inmature road.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
foodplottrot,
Aren't ya glad ya asked that question.....

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
What's the best FoxPro sound to call for road hunting?

·
Banned
152 Posts
bridgestone dueler A/T revo peelout.....calls em in everytime.....or my all time favorite sound.....keurig brewing fresh coffee....no matter the conditions they always come to that one

·
Banned
491 Posts
in central pa, I once called in a great mountain road using 'clippity clop of a horse drawn amish carriage on a sunny day'. that is a premium foxpro sound.

AS for being a deadbeat, really?? insert tears running off my cheeks and onto my keyboard emoticon.... ha ha ha

·
Banned
152 Posts
besides road hunting is an artform, many houndsman use this one of a kind technique while in pursuit of the hardworking hounds who are in pursuit of wil-e-coyote.....dont knock it till you try just make sure you wear comfortable shoes and dont over dress the truck heater gets too warm....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"besides road hunting is an artform, many houndsman use this one of a kind technique while in pursuit of the hardworking hounds who are in pursuit of wil-e-coyote.....dont knock it till you try just make sure you wear comfortable shoes and dont over dress the truck heater gets too warm...."

he has a knack for bashing hound hunters

·
Banned
152 Posts
that sounded like a personal attack, not that i am hurt, as i do not road hunt, but you need no clarification from me as to what i do, or what you say, im sure a mod will be in touch soon, ill stick with my FOXPRO and my EWT XLR250 and keep piling up the fir....56 yotes to date

·
Registered
115 Posts
foodplottrot said:
"besides road hunting is an artform, many houndsman use this one of a kind technique while in pursuit of the hardworking hounds who are in pursuit of wil-e-coyote.....dont knock it till you try just make sure you wear comfortable shoes and dont over dress the truck heater gets too warm...."

you sound like a jealous 8 yr old girl.
????? what ??????

1 - 20 of 88 Posts