The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of selling mine since the trade rifle I made shoots incredible. My question is, how much y'all think I should ask? The rifle shoots great just don't mean as much as the trade rifle. I saw on RMC's site they're asking $799! I was thinking $375-400, too much?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
400 bucks is a good deal IMO. if it's a 1/28 twist. I own one and sure wouldn't part with it for that. If I were to sale mine it would need to get 550 or it wouldn't go.

Those GM 1/28 barrels can't be had today new and a ready to rock flinter in that twist just isn't out there. I shoot a 300 grain xtp with a 100 grains of Goex 3f and it hammers deer so good they just fold up like a suitcase. Even shots that aren't perfect just drops em.

The are a rare bird and I would keep it if I were you. I doubt you will see many of them in the future. I have heard that you can get them new again but there probably isn't a whole lot of people interested at 800 bucks.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mossie said:
400 bucks is a good deal IMO. if it's a 1/28 twist. I own one and sure wouldn't part with it for that. If I were to sale mine it would need to get 550 or it wouldn't go.

Those GM 1/28 barrels can't be had today new and a ready to rock flinter in that twist just isn't out there. I shoot a 300 grain xtp with a 100 grains of Goex 3f and it hammers deer so good they just fold up like a suitcase. Even shots that aren't perfect just drops em.

The are a rare bird and I would keep it if I were you. I doubt you will see many of them in the future. I have heard that you can get them new again but there probably isn't a whole lot of people interested at 800 bucks.
Very true!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also have an accusporter im selling, a 1:28 twist, removable breechplug, double set triggers, ez load muzzle. Only selling cause I don't need 2. Looking for $500

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
squirrelmasters said:
I also have an accusporter im selling, a 1:28 twist, removable breechplug, double set triggers, ez load muzzle. Only selling cause I don't need 2. Looking for $500
There you guys go! Mine does not have a removable breech nor double set triggers. If I'd sell mine I'd ask for $500 as well but I don't need to sell mine! I just would like to sell to try and get a bolt action 338 Federal.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the same rifle, shoots like a charm, but isn't squirrels small game? 50 cal muzzleloaders are not legal, 40 CAL OR LESS

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Deuce280 said:
Sweet stock. Just curious, in the picture with the buck what is the sticker on the stock for?
That has my powder charge on so I don't forget! Lol. The lump on the right shoulder is actually my mushroomed Powerbelt bullet that didn't exit. It was between the meat and the skin!

And the squirrel was shot in Va, sorry should of been more specific on that one.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Congrats on the buck, and that's a nice looking Flinter.

You might want to lay off the squirrels though. 40 cal. or less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
squirrelmasters said:
I might be interested...PM sent

1 - 20 of 22 Posts