The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out on the susquehanna for RP goose? I was out back in middle of january and didnt see any geese at all. Just curious if they have been around at all, we almost gave it a shot last week. Not looking for specific spots. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
355 Posts
We saw a bunch in one spot up our way but since it warmed up a little they haven't been there for a week.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Yep, my buddy's been out quite a bit. Not stacking up numbers but gets 1 or 2 every time out.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Should be some geese around? Sounds like it's loaded with ducks. Like Bearklr said, I've never shot big numbers of geese on the river either.

I'd like to go out and set a spread and just take pictures of the ducks right now. Be fun to set a spread, call and take pictures and see if they react any differently now that the season is over.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I saw lots of geese heading back towards the river tonight.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I was thinking about giving it a shot but we got permission on a pond that has a hole open and about 100 geese have been using it so I think we are going to try that on Saturday instead. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Good luck hunting. I wish I could find some RP Canada's and shoot a mixed bag of light and dark geese.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hunted the river monday evening... Did not have one goose fly past our spread. Most of the birds we heard were on the juniata side near duncannon. Better off hunting a field this time of year however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts